Teeth whitening strips treatments (Frequently asked questions)
(1) Why do white strips hurt my gums and cause me pain?
The chemicals present on the teeth whitening strips may be the reason for your pain. Also, if your teeth are sensitive to cold or hot, then you will most probably feel pain when you use whitening strips.
The layers of cementum and enamel on your tooth are protective layers that guard the more sensitive layers beneath. However, these protective layers can get damaged due to microfractures and cavities. And when the liquids and chemicals of teeth bleaching agents penetrate the protective layers, they might result in pain in your tooth.
If your teeth are sensitive, then it is important to realize that different teeth whitening strips, depending on their chemical strength, lead to different levels of pain.
(2) Do whitening strips work – How do I know?
You will get different levels of teeth whitening success from different white strips. And a few types of tooth discoloration react better to whitening strips compared to others.
For instance, certain prescription medications can discolor your teeth to the point that you may not get success with at-home teeth whitening strips. In that situation, you must consult your dentist, and probably, an in-office teeth whitening procedure would work for you.
If your teeth are stained because of fillings or crowns, then the at-home whitening strips won’t work. Whitening strips only whiten teeth, but they can’t whiten teeth that needs a dental work.
Here are 3 best at-home teeth whitening strips that work:
1) AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit
- They are gentle strips for people who have sensitive teeth. The performance level is good for the cost you will pay.
- Once you apply, the strips stay in place. However, after the session, the strips may also be hard to remove.
2) Sparkling White Professional Strength
- With a very low price, the performance of sparkling white strips is average. It is an easy to use kit if you require minimal teeth whitening.
- The best option if you need a quick teeth whitening to go to an event. The results you get don’t last as long as compared to other at-home teeth whitening strips.
3) Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips
- It is a low-priced product with surprisingly good quality. It works effectively and you can get results within a shorter time frame than other whitening strip options.
- It eliminates even long-time discolorations on your teeth. If you have sensitive teeth, then it may not work as well. The Crest is a trusted, popular brand name.