Smile and others smile with you. An attractive smile is contagious. It radiates infectiously to other people. In order to have a sweet smile, your attitude and lifestyle play an important role.
However, what if you can’t incorporate a best DIY teeth whitening system to your busy schedule so that you get a smile makeover that transforms your beautiful smile to a rather infectious and healthy one? In this case, professional teeth whitening treatments by a dentist can be the best remedy.
Here is an assessment of the best professional teeth whitening system is typically given and conducted by the dentist:
A professional teeth whitening is a method by which whitening agents that are based on peroxide are put in your teeth by dentists in their dental clinic. The laser teeth whitening is the usual practice followed by the dentists to whiten your stained teeth caused due to food, liquids, or nicotine.
Peroxide based teeth whitening agents normally depend on 2 factors:
- The concentration of peroxide present in the whitening solution
- The length of time a whitening agent is applied in contact on your tooth surface.
Laser teeth whitening use a high concentration of the whitening compound for a shorter amount of time – say for a few hours or for a few visits to the dentist.
The whitening agents used by dentists and associated equipment such as laser or bleaching light are generally bought from a manufacturer as a kit, franchise, or just as a system. Actually, most manufacturers have given national campaigns regarding their teeth whitening equipment and products, and dentist professionals play an important role in promoting the manufacturers product since they are in fact using those products to treat their patients.
Here is a list of some dentist professional teeth whitening products dentists prefer. The type of whitening light or laser is enclosed in parentheses.
- Britesmile teeth whitening (gas plasma light technology or LED – light emitting diode)
- Zoom laser teeth whitening (metal halide lamps light)
- Rembrandt Sapphire teeth whitening (Plasma Arc Light (PAC))
- LaserSmile teeth whitening (A Biolase laser)
- LumaArch bleaching system (halogen lamp light)
Each teeth whitening systems mentioned above contain its own level of effectiveness, But, when using these kinds of products, it can be summarized in three standard steps:
(1) The dentist will compare your tooth shade with a tooth shade guide.
Tartar and surface stain is removed before your tooth shade is determined. The dentist will document the pre-treatment tooth shade and the post-treatment tooth shade to analyze the effectiveness of the treatment applied. The dentist might use different shaded porcelain tabs that are tooth-shaped and compare them to your set of teeth and document each match. Some dentists even take pictures of your teeth before and after the teeth whitening treatment.
Pumice flour is used to polish every tooth to make sure that discolor are entirely removed.
(2) The dentist will isolate the teeth that are getting whitened.
Peroxide based bleaching agents can irritate or sometimes even damage delicate tissues in your mouth. Hence dentist uses dental dam barriers to protect these tissues.
A thin sheet of latex for every tooth punched a hole and dental gels painted around every tooth is used for guarding the teeth getting whitened. When the dental gels are painted around every tooth, a cotton roll, cheek retractor, and gauze are used so that your cheeks and lips are protected. Later, these items are just peeled off.
(3) Bib covering and protection of eyes are placed on you.
To prevent unexpected things from happening, you must wear bibs for protecting your skin from the caustic nature of whitening compounds. Eye protection is also applied to make sure that bleaching agents won’t irritate even your eyes. Furthermore, it is a familiar knowledge that an intense laser light or a bleaching light used for activating the whitening agents could lead to eye damage.
Here are some more things to do if you have undergone professional teeth whitening:
– To get rid of usual stains such as the cigarette and coffee, it can be cleaned away instead with professional teeth whitening systems. Here are a few extra tips:
– Brush after each meal so that the chances of stains accumulating on your teeth reduce. Brush gently and effectively by using a toothbrush and toothpaste approved by a dentist. Practice the proper ways to brush your teeth.
– Munch a few apples and later drink water.
– Do gargling using a mouthwash that contains an antibacterial action. Doing this will definitely reduce stain-catching plaque.
– Dentistry studies point that using an electric toothbrush removes about 98.2 percent of plaque percentage.
– Don’t rely on quick-fix solutions such as using super-whitening tooth polishes. The reason is that they make your tooth enamel thinner. And when tooth enamel becomes thinner, more of the dentin gets exposed and make your teeth look as heavily discolored.
Here are a few reasons why or why not choose professional teeth whitening systems:
- The effects are visible instantly.
- The whitening treatment can be finished in just a few visits, perhaps even just one appointment.
- The average cost of professional teeth whitening can be about $250 to $400 compared to DIY teeth whitening products.