If you have little confidence in the teeth whitening procedure yet you wish to make your teeth whiter, then the teeth whitening treatments is the best option for you.
However, still, a lot of people are not convinced of the benefits of this method. Most people think that the risks of undergoing teeth whitening process are more important than its outcomes. But it is somewhat not entirely right.
Here are some of the possible risks that can arise when you undergo bleaching process and how you can overcome the risks or prevent them when it happens again.
(1) In Colorado, the teeth bleaching process involves an application of whitening solution in order to whiten your teeth. People having extreme gum diseases or tooth sensitivity are not appropriate to do teeth whitening treatment. First, their gums must be treated and when it is in good condition, they can then decide to whiten their teeth.
(2) Dentist experts don’t recommend teeth whitening products that have 3 percent bleach. Bleach kit with only 0.1 percent is acceptable which can entail human intake. The expose of teeth on the whitening solution for a long time will lead to severe tooth damage. It is still suggested to perform teeth whitening procedure under the supervision of an authorized dentist professional.
(3) If you smoke or drink a lot of coffee or tea, then, it is not safe to undergo the bleaching process because you will be more vulnerable to the harmful effect of alcohol when high hydrogen peroxide intake is made. Lactating and pregnant women must also prevent these teeth whitening products for their infant safety.
(4) If you have sensitive teeth, you can use medicated toothpaste and use a soft bristle toothbrush once you undergo the bleaching treatment to reduce the pain and irritation. However, after some days, the pain and irritation will just ease. It is still important to talk to a dentist professional before you decide to undergo the teeth whitening procedure. There are no other bad effects when you go through the tooth whitening process aside from the above-mentioned issues.
If you want to get your teeth whitened at home, here are the tips you must consider before going through it.
(1) Use a conventional plastic mouth tray to fit easily into your mouth to put the solution inside. Be careful when you apply it to prevent some damage to your teeth gums. Apply the bleaching gel into the tray and wear it in mouth on a daily basis for consecutive weeks. It usually takes 25 days before you can notice the effect of teeth whitening.
(2) While it is very easy to perform and it is equally most effective as the dentist method of going through a teeth whitening process, remember that the entire process is being performed by your own way without the guidance of the dentist. Hence, be ready for any problem or risk that can happen when you do this.
(3) In order to prevent damage to your gums and avoid some problems, read the product instructions carefully and thoroughly. Understand all the ingredients of the whitening product that you are going to put on your teeth. Furthermore, be careful when you are applying the correct quantity of whitening solution that is being taken of your teeth.
For getting the best result, continue to use the specially made mouth tray to prolong the whitening effect for at least 2 to 3 months. At that time, it is very important to observe your gums and teeth’s health condition. If the mouth tray causes bleeding or swelling of gums or sensitivity, then immediately consult the dentist.
Home teeth whitening products used in in-home are very economical. However, for safe and effective teeth whitening, it is still suggested to go through it in an authorized dentist clinic such as in the Colorado teeth whitening clinic.