Health and beauty go hand in hand, be it your outward beauty or the appearance of your teeth.
Most people having discolored teeth are looking for how to whiten teeth. But, before knowing how to get white teeth in a week naturally, it is important to understand the reason for teeth discoloration.
What causes tooth discoloration?
When the teeth get discolored, most people become reluctant to open their mouth, or even to smile. Here are the 2 major compounds which cause teeth discolouration:
- Intrinsic stains
- Extrinsic stains
Intrinsic stains or discolouration – Intrinsic discoloration are caused due to the fluoride content present in your toothpaste. The intrinsic stains can also happen if, in the past, your mother has taken tetracycline antibiotics during her second half of her pregnancy. Another reason for intrinsic discoloration can be due to stain teeth at a young age (baby teeth falling out).
Extrinsic stains or discolouration – Extrinsic discoloration are caused usually by bad oral hygiene. Consuming dark beverages like tea, coffee, red wine, and medications like antibiotics or iron tablets leave stains if the mouth is not rinsed properly.
Age factor – This is the combination of the above mentioned two factors. As your age increases, the tooth enamel in the teeth also gets thinner. This thinning tooth enamel allows the dentin to expose and hence, giving a pale yellowish hue to your teeth. Other contributors of teeth stain include some food items that you eat, regular smoking, and injuries on the teeth.
How to make your teeth white naturally
There are solutions for every problem. You can get your teeth whitened in various ways. There are different methods present nowadays from which you can whiten your teeth. Here are the following ways from which you can learn how to whiten your teeth.
(1) Cosmetic dentistry – You can consult a good dentist and get removed the yellow hue that is developed on your teeth. The cosmetic dentist’s professionals follow a number of methods and ways in order to provide you glossy white teeth. It is quite secure and safe to perform teeth whitening with dentist and it prevents you from goofing up with some at-home remedies and damaging yourself.
(2) Natural home remedies – It includes eating carrots, apples, strawberries and celery too. These fruits and vegetables act as a natural toothbrush of nature in giving you brighter white teeth. Other than fruits and vegetables, the baking soda present readily in your kitchen is one more bleaching agent which can whiten your teeth.
(3) Eating cheese – Cheese can help you in tooth enamel re-mineralization. Hence, dive on to it after having meals in order to get snowy white teeth.
(4) Teeth whitening toothpaste – You can easily find lots of teeth whitening toothpaste in your local grocery store which promises to make your teeth white. Most of the teeth whitening toothpaste will be quite effective given you know the best one to choose.
(5) DIY teeth whitening kits – Do it yourself whitening products ranging from whitening tray gels to whitening strips are all quite effective to make your teeth white.
Check Here – Teeth whitening kit amazon