Earlier, braces were just meant for kids. But, because of the development of science, adults can now benefit from the braces.
Adults have begun to wear the braces realizing the truth that there is still a good opportunity to solve their teeth problems by using braces for adults over 40. Braces for teeth for adults are used for the following Orthodontics treatment:
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Overbites and underbites
- Disorders in the jawline
Different best type of braces for adults
(1) Lingual Braces – These braces are standard braces which are placed at the back of your teeth. They are affordable and are less visible.
(2) Self–ligating brackets– These braces eliminate the need for metal pieces that are positioned on the front teeth. Self-ligating braces are bulky, invisible, and they move teeth more quickly by working like an Inman Aligner.
(3) Inman Aligner – Also known as speed brace, they are capable of moving your teeth at an accelerated speed. They are affordable.
(4) Invisalign Braces – These braces are made up of a substance which lets the real color of your teeth to be seen. Invisalign braces are created using I-cat technology. It is a 3-D dental imaging system that gives you a 3-dimensional image of your teeth and jaws. You can remove the braces easily whiling brushing and eating.
(5) Ceramic Braces – These braces are independently bonded to each tooth. The metal lines in the ceramic braces are visible. And they go along the front of both the lower teeth and upper teeth.
Tips for new braces wearers (Precautions)
- Choose a good orthodontic dentist. Before getting braces, find out whether the orthodontist is professionally certified or not.
- Orthodontists have various treatments for your teeth problems. Therefore, you will be able to take the second option for your teeth problems even if the dentist is qualified enough to put the braces. Without any hesitation, ask questions to the Orthodontic dentist like how to deal with braces pain, side effects of braces for adults and how much does it cost to get braces for adults. After all, you are going to get the treatment for your teeth.
- Know your health insurance. It is better if you can find out whether does insurance cover braces for adults treatment or not so that you don’t get ripped off.
What is the average cost of braces for adults?
- Metal braces or traditional braces: $3,000 – 7,000
- Lingual braces : $8,000 – 10,000
- Ceramic braces : $4,000 – 8,000
- Invisalign : $4,000 – 7,400
The average cost of metal braces (traditional brackets) in the U.S. without dental insurance is $4,937 and with dental insurance is $3,407. However, the cost of braces for adults is decided based on the braces colors, types of braces for adults and required corrections.
- Invisalign braces – These braces are invisible and the dentist will design it into your tooth. You can remove it while brushing your teeth and while eating.
- Ceramic brackets – Made from ceramic, these braces are enamel colored and they are affordable. They are less visible since their color is same as your teeth.
- Lingual braces – Also known as concealed braces, they are placed at the back of your teeth.
- Metal braces for adults – The most common brackets used by adults are the metal wires. They are very affordable. The orthodontist adjusts the wires that are connected to the braces and straighten your teeth.