Bad breath, also known as halitosis can be troublesome, particularly when talking with another person.
Many times the culprit behind halitosis is teeth cavities, tooth decay, and gum diseases. Certain medical problems and foods also contribute to halitosis. If you regularly brush and floss, but still continue to emit out bad breath, then taking essential vitamins for bad breath will be very helpful to combat this problem.
Even though brushing and flossing your teeth help to eliminate the growth of bacteria build-up inside the mouth, certain types of essential vitamins are very beneficial in removing bad breath by reducing the growth of bacteria that causes odor inside the mouth. Along with fighting bad breath, vitamins make your mouth feeling fresh. Hence, take adequate amounts of essential vitamins to eliminate bad breath (halitosis) permanently.
How can vitamins help you in eliminating bad breath?
Certain vitamins play an important role in improving bad breath condition. The main reason for halitosis is oral odor causing bacteria. Wrong oral habits can cause the build-up of bacteria, which results in tooth decays, teeth cavities, and gum diseases like gingivitis.
Vitamins for bad breath make your gums healthy and stops plaque build-up and gingivitis, thus eliminating bad breath. Healthy gums mean free from oral problems, therefore, no bad breath. Because of this reason, include plenty of healthy essential vitamins in your food to naturally stop bacteria build-up.
Here are the essential vitamins to eliminate bad breath (halitosis)
(1) Vitamin c for bad breath – One of the usually occurring gum diseases is Scurvy. Scurvy is caused because of vitamin C deficiency. Scurvy causes painful, swollen and bleeding gums. In critical condition, scurvy is capable of damaging the gums and cause bad breath.
One of the vitamins to fight bad breath is vitamin C. It is a natural antioxidant that eliminates free radicals inside the body and protects the tissues and cells from damage. In order to protect gums from gingivitis and scurvy, you must eat foods rich in vitamin C. Citrus fruits like lemons, oranges, raspberries, gooseberries, cranberries, strawberries, spinach, and mangoes are great vitamin C sources.
Vitamin C eliminates mucus and harmful toxins which would otherwise be a factor to bad breath. Furthermore, vitamin C also kills bacteria that cause anaerobic cavity and hence, prevents halitosis and gingivitis.
(2) Vitamin B – Deficiency in vitamin B complexes like B2, B6, and B9 can cause bad breath. This essential vitamin B produces an enzyme that fights against odor causing bacteria. Also, vitamin B improves digestion and hence stops bad breath occurrence.
(3) Vitamin B9 – It is also called as folic acid. It helps in treating gingivitis and hence reduces bad breath.
(4) Vitamin D – Vitamin D is one of the very important vitamins for bad breath. It plays a crucial role in fighting bad breath. Adequate intake of vitamin D in the diet reduces bacterial overgrowth inside the mouth, by creating hostile surroundings for the bacteria growth.
(5) Vitamin A – Vitamin A is vital in reducing gum infections and gingivitis. Deficiency in vitamin A can also lead to halitosis in a person. A lot of infections can be cured by the sufficient intake of vitamin A.
(6) Vitamin E – Vitamin E keeps the mouth wet and thereby removes bad breath. It helps to freshen up the mouth for cleaner, better, and fresher breath.