It is important for a person to have a beautiful set of bright, white teeth and to be able to smile and expose pearly white teeth without feeling bad.
The effect of stained teeth or yellow teeth is that it makes a person lose self-esteem and confidence. Yellow teeth can sometimes cause bad mouth smell, which can result in irritation.
There are some easy home remedies for whitening your teeth that can be used without having to spend a lot of money. And you can also prevent any side effects on your body by using these safe home remedies for teeth whitening fast. Here are the home remedies for whitening teeth that can make your teeth whiter instantly if used properly and regularly.
(1) Organic turmeric powder teeth whitening.
Can you use turmeric to whiten teeth? Turmeric for teeth whitening has lots of benefits. It contains strong anti-bacterial properties, which help to eliminate germs and other micro-organisms that cause stained teeth and tooth decay (dental caries). Furthermore, using turmeric powder for gum disease also helps to get rid of any gum problems.
Tips for whitening your teeth with turmeric:
- Put the turmeric on the heat and wait for some minutes till it becomes brown.
- Now, grind it to a powder form, and then add a small quantity of salt and lime juice.
- Stir well so that it becomes a paste.
- Put this paste on your teeth, and let it stay for some minutes. Then rinse it off using water.
Or, here is one more way of brushing teeth with turmeric powder:
- Mix ½ table teaspoon of turmeric powder in a small quantity of water and make it into a fine paste.
- Brush your teeth using this fine mixture and let it stay on your teeth for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Then, rinse your mouth using water until the yellow stains are removed from your mouth.
- Repeat brushing teeth with turmeric powder on a regular basis.
(2) Brushing your teeth with salt.
Can salt whiten your teeth? Being a daily constituent of every meal, the salt helps to replenish the lost minerals in your teeth. And it also helps to get the teeth whiter. However, whitening teeth with salt should not be performed always as it can cause injury to your teeth.
How to use salt for teeth whitening?
- Take a bowl and mix common salt and charcoal.
- Use the above-prepared mixture for brushing your teeth with salt.
- Repeat regularly to get white teeth.
(3) Teeth cleaning twigs
Using twig is one of the most effective traditional remedy used for whitening your teeth’s surface. Twigs like the Banyan, Babul, and Neem have properties that help to make your teeth whiter when used to brush on a regular basis.
Babul tree, also known as acacia arabica is famously used to make herbal toothpaste because it contains tannin, which is a popular ingredient to make your teeth whiter. Banyan tree and neem have natural elements that help to make sure that you are teeth are always white in color and, it helps to cure all types of teeth problems.
How to use twigs for teeth brushing?
- Cut the twig leaves and then wash it thoroughly in water.
- Then, cut the twig into small pieces using your teeth until it is scattered.
- Brush your teeth continuously for about 5 to 6 minutes and then rinse your mouth.
(4) Strawberry paste for teeth.
This sweet and juicy strawberry is very rich in vitamin c. It contains properties that help to eliminate the bacteria that cause yellowing of the teeth. It also contains malic acid, which helps to get rid of stains in the teeth and make sure that your teeth are white in color.
How to do strawberry teeth whitening DIY?
- Cut the strawberry into 2 equal parts. Then, sprinkle a little amount of baking soda on it.
- Now, rub this mixture on your teeth’s surface for some minutes.
- Then, rinse with water.
Or, you can also use this method of strawberry for white teeth:
- Mash the strawberries to get its juice.
- Put this juice on your teeth’s surface and then leave it for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then, brush using your regular toothpaste.
- Repeat this process until your teeth are whitened.
(5) Apple cider vinegar teeth whitening method.
Apple cider vinegar is a very helpful home remedy to clean the stubborn stains in your teeth and to destroy the germs and the tooth cavity. Therefore, teeth whitening with apple cider vinegar help to get rid of yellowing of the teeth.
How to use apple cider vinegar for whitening teeth?
- Take a portion of apple cider vinegar and add twice the quantity of water.
- Stir it very well together and use it for gargling your mouth for a couple of minutes.
- Then, brush your teeth using normal toothpaste. Later, rinse with water.
(6) Lemon teeth whitening.
Lemon is one of the most popular medicinal plants. Along with giving a regular source of vitamin C, lemons also contain teeth bleaching properties that help to eliminate yellow discoloration on the teeth and give you the best results. However, it is important to dilute the lemon before you use it because the acid in the lemon can damage the tooth enamel.
How to whiten teeth with lemon?
- Using a knife, cut the lemon peels.
- Rub the peel of lemon on your teeth’s surface.
- Wash the tooth surface with water.
- Repeat on a daily basis to achieve pearly white teeth.
Or, you can use these teeth whitening with a lemon recipe:
- Take a bowl and mix freshly prepared lemon juice with water.
- Put the solution on your teeth’s surface for some minutes.
- Allow it to rest on your teeth for some minutes. And then thoroughly rinse.
- Repeat this process after 2 to 3 weeks.
(7) Hydrogen peroxide teeth whitening.
Hydrogen peroxide has bleaching properties that help to eliminate the yellow color of the teeth. Ensure you exercise hydrogen peroxide with caution because an excessive quantity of hydrogen peroxide can cause side effects like gum irritation. Also, make sure that you don’t swallow it accidentally.
How to use a hydrogen peroxide teeth whitening recipe?
- Take water and dilute the hydrogen peroxide.
- Put the solution in your mouth and then let it rest for some minutes.
- Then rinse using water.
- Repeat until you get desired results.
Or, you can use these teeth whitening with hydrogen peroxide at home recipe:
- Take a bowl and mix baking soda and hydrogen peroxide together.
- Use this paste for brushing your teeth.
- Once the brushing is completed, finish it by brushing using your normal toothpaste.
(8) Aloe Vera teeth whitening.
This is another popular medicinal plant that can be utilized for curing different ailments. It contains anti-bacterial properties, which helps to kill several gum diseases and makes your teeth white.
How to use Aloe Vera for teeth whitening?
- Take a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and extract its juice.
- Add baking soda and vegetable glycerine to make it a paste.
- Put the concoction on your teeth’s surface and let it stay for some minutes.
- Then, wash your mouth thoroughly to clean the Aloe Vera gel fully.
- Repeat on a daily basis to get the desired whitening results.
(9) The orange peel teeth whitening.
Very rich in vitamin C, orange peel helps to fight microorganisms and makes your teeth white.
How to use orange peel for teeth whitening?
- Peel the orange.
- Rub the orange peel on your teeth’s surface and let to remain for some minutes.
- Rinse your mouth to clean the debris.
Or, you can use this method:
- Grind dried bay leaves and make it into a powder.
- Add an equal amount of dried orange peel and grind very well.
- Add some water and make it a fine paste.
- Put this paste on your teeth and rub in for some minutes.
(10) Charcoal for teeth whitening.
The charcoal is abrasive in nature. Due to this reason, it is very effective to remove yellow discoloration from the teeth and allows complete whitening of your teeth.
How to use charcoal for teeth whitening?
- Take a bowl and add a little quantity of normal toothpaste and charcoal.
- Stir properly and use it for brushing your teeth.
- Repeat twice a day in order to get the maximum result.
(11) Oil for teeth whitening.
Coconut oil or olive oil helps to get rid of yellow stain from the teeth and helps to make your teeth white. Furthermore, the oil helps to kill bacteria that cause harm to the teeth. However, oil teeth whitening must be done very early in the morning, just soon after you wake up, before brushing your teeth or eating in order get maximum results.
How to whiten your teeth with coconut oil and olive oil?
- Take a spoon of olive oil or coconut oil.
- Pour the oil in your mouth.
- Make sure that the oil is spread from one side to another side, to all corners of the teeth to kill germs and other bacteria that cause yellow discoloration.
- Repeat this process for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Continue this procedure 3 to 4 times a week until the yellow color is removed.
(12) Turmeric paste for teeth whitening.
Turmeric has curcumin, which contains anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help to destroy germs that cause yellowing of the teeth and provide whiter teeth.
Turmeric paste for teeth ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 4 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- A bowl
- Airtight jar with lid
How to make turmeric paste for teeth whitening?
- Mix coconut oil, baking soda, and turmeric powder in a bowl and make it a paste.
- Brush your teeth using this paste and rinse with water.
- Store the remaining paste in an air tight container.
- Use this paste on a daily basis to get maximum results.
(13) Banana peel teeth whitening
Banana peel is rich in magnesium, potassium, and other minerals that help to make your teeth whiter. These minerals are absorbed by the tooth enamel and help to whiten your teeth.
How to use the banana peel for teeth whitening?
- From the peel, peel your banana.
- Rub the peel of the banana on your teeth’s surface and leave for 2 minutes.
- Rinse using water.
- Repeat this process again before going to sleep.